Well-being Assessment tools you can use right now!
As a Growth Coach, I use positive psychology to help others achieve their very best. Whether it be professionally or personally and in all areas of their life. To do this I use tools that have been developed, tried and tested by professional coaches, psychologists and researchers over many years.
There are a couple of stock standard tools that are commonly used, and I would like to share them with you.
The first one is the Satisfaction with Life Scale. (developed by Diener, E, Emmons, R, Larsen, R., & Griffen, S in 1985)
The SWLS is a mental judgement of quality, using a variety of different information. It has been empirically validated and is the most widely used measure of satisfaction in the world.
Rate these five statements on a scale from 1-7, where 1 = strongly disagree and 7 = strongly agree.
1. In most ways my life is close to ideal
2. The conditions of my life are excellent
3. I am satisfied with my life
4. So far, I have gotten the things I want in life
5. If I could live my life over, I would change almost nothing
Add up the numbers to arrive at a score ranging from 5 to 35, with 20 representing the neutral point. Scores above 20 are increasingly satisfied. “Normal” scores on the SWLS range from 21 to 25, indicating that most people are mildly satisfied with their lives.
How did you score?
Psychological Well-being Scale
Using the same scoring, rate these 8 statements to find your psychological well-being.
1. I lead a purposeful and meaningful life
2. My social relationships are supportive and rewarding
3. I am engaged and interested in my daily activities
4. I actively contribute to the happiness and well-being of others
5. I am competent and capable in the activities that are important to me
6. I am a good person and live a good life
7. I am optimistic about my future
8. People respect me
To score, simply add up the numbers for items on through to eight. You will arrive at a score ranging from 8 to 56, with higher scores representing higher overall well-being.
How did you score?
Give them a try and if you would like to chat about them, or you are a bit surprised by your results and want to learn more, please contact me via the website.